Below you will read more information about the AYUDA application process. Due to special circumstances, the application process has been re-opened for 1 extra week! Qualified applicants have until 18 February 2016 to apply for our Summer Applications. Don't delay!!
3. Apply now!
Please follow the 6 simple steps below in order to complete your AYUDA application:
1) Required Reading:
2) Prior to filling out the application form, it is advisable that you download the application first so that you can prepare the few written answers in advance, as you will be unable to save an incomplete form. To download a PDF preview of the application, click here.
3) Complete and submit the AYUDA Online Application (Click here to access ): This online webform will ask you to specify your program choice and provide background information about yourself and your interests. The majority of the questions are multiple choice. Remember - you can apply for any one of our 3 programs, or if you are interested in applying in more than one and receiving a discount, please indicate it on your application.
4) Ensure you have submitted the $35 application fee (fee payments can be made online here or by sending a check directly to the AYUDA office (find the address below, under step 6). Please ensure you include the applicant name in the "Volunteer Name" box if someone else is paying your fee online, or to include a note with your check, so that we know to whom the payment corresponds.
We are honored that you are considering applying to an AYUDA program – we look forward to reading your application.
What happens next?
Once you submit your completed application, you will receive confirmation that your application has been received. Once reviewed, you should expect to hear from an AYUDA representative within one week. Please be ready with suitable times you could be available for a phone interview (about 30 minutes) to further explore questions you may have about the program and AYUDA. We will attempt to follow up with in-person interviews wherever possible.
Volunteers will be selected by the Volunteer Selection Committee using a specific protocol based on: suitability for the experience, skill set, potential for growth, and diversity of the volunteer team. The committee will include AYUDA board members, staff, former and experienced volunteers, volunteer mentors and local partners. While AYUDA will strive to select the most qualified volunteers, the selection committee will also take into account diversity of each volunteer. Diversity includes:
- Educational diversity (high school, college, graduate, post-graduate students, professionals)
- Diabetes diversity (volunteers with and without diabetes)
- Cultural and geographic diversity
Selection criteria for volunteers:
- Overall fit and commitment to AYUDA
- Specific skills and qualifications for project
- Level of energy and motivation
- Multicultural outlook
- Language proficiency (where applicable)